This is the Front cross member kit for the Jeep JK from GenRight’s Elite JK Suspension System.
We have figured out all the mounting points for proper geometry (weight transfer, rear steer and minimal anti-squat, etc.) to make your rig a top notch crawler with awesome articulation.
The cross member is pre-welded, but still needs to be welded to the frame by the installer. The Cross member kit is designed to attach to the frame next to your stock (or aftermarket) transfer case skid plate.
The Bracket Kit FEATURES:
- This mount is cut at an angle to keep the suspension joints in a “neutral” position so they do not waste any of the joints rotation and cause damage to the joint in those CRAZY articulation spots on the trail.
- Kit can be used with Johnny Joints or FK Heims.
- 3 link design (plus a trac bar).
- The mounts in this kit are designed to mount in a specific location on a Jeep JK.
- The mounts DO NOT tie into the transfer case skid plate. This allows unobstructed access to the transmission and transfer case for service.
- Designed to work with our Flat belly skid plates.
- Heavy Duty 1/4 & 3/16″ thick laser cut cross member with integrated lower control arm mounts.
- One pair of upper control arm mounts.
We recommend the following to help complete the project (hyperlinks listed below):
- Our front coilover shock mounting kit (FSM-8005) to make relocation (of the spring and shock, if using a coilover type shock) easier and provide better shock dampening.
- Consider converting to the King 2.5″ diameter coilover shocks at this time. Combined with the above listed shock mount it will make installing this rear suspension kit much easier.
- We offer a Front Sway Bar kit for better on-road stability.
- Converting to hi-steer is recommended to match the height of our trac bar mount. This will eliminate bump steer.
- This product is also purchased as a complete Front 3 Link kit:
- This kit requires cutting and welding for proper mounting.
- Requires NO body or engine lift.
- A universal axle bridges is now available for Dana 44 and Dana 60 rear axles.